Range of Procurement Processes
Goods and services, including construction works and consultant services shall be procured through the range of procurement processes set out below.
- Competitive Bids/Tender
Are those where the estimated transaction value exceeds R750 000 (VAT inclusive), or for any contract exceeding one year in duration (which includes any defects liability period, if applicable).
- Annual Bids/Tender
Are those for the supply of goods and services or construction works that is of an ad-hoc or repetitive nature for a predetermined period of time.
– Black Economic Empowerment Act 53 of 2003 (BEE)
– Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment codes of good practice
– Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No 5 of 2000) (PPPFA)
– Preferential Procurement Regulations 2011
– Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
- Application of Policy:
This policy applies to all procuring of goods or services, including construction works and consultant services.
Only the Tender Committee is authorised to award Contracts to Suppliers for Goods and Services. See attached document:
Download tender document here.